CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Heartfelt

Recently, there have been a few things that have really made me realize certain things and see the beauty in life.
1. My Humanities 1300 class: Our teacher really wants us to focus on how what we learn can affect and be applied in our own lives. I have been able to relate to this class personally so much and I have learned a lot. It has to do with art, culture, history, mythology, philosophy, and psychology and human nature. It has made me see some of my own flaws, what I need to do in my life, and why I have done certain things in my life so far. I've seen that this is how life works, this is how we learn. I feel lucky to realize some things about myself that some people will never discover.
2. WeHeartIt.com (my personal page is http://weheartit.com/wishdreamhope): I'm in love with this website. All it is is a social bookmarking site, but for images. People save their favorite images to their account and you can follow each other and save your own images. I love browsing through these images. They are inspiring, beautiful, lovely, and amazing. I become slightly obsessed whenever I go to the site. It is also extremely interesting to see that there are a lot of people who think like me because whenever I see someone save a bunch of images that I find lovely and I look at their page, I see that everything they've saved would be something that I too would save or have already saved. It's also interesting that these people and I who share an eye for these certain lovely things have common interests in general. I've never experienced that kind of likeness on any other site.
3. Music: I have a love for music and I have realized I need it in my life. It sounds sillly, but it really opens up my heart, my soul, my emotions. It makes me feel. I feel the pain, I feel the joy, I see the beauty. If I hadn't met a certain person, I probably would've never had the chance to have such a beautiful thing in my life. A few days ago, I went to an Imogen Heap concert with my friend Becky. It was amazing. I loved the music, the atmosphere, the people who loved the same thing. It made me long for more, realize my need for it, and miss being with people who enjoy it as well.
4. Reading and PostSecret: PostSecret is an art project where people send in their secrets anonymously. They are written on beautiful, creative, artisic postcards and printed in books and online. I've read a couple of the books and they were amazing. It was slightly depressing to see everyones secrets, but it is a beautiful idea and it made me think of my own secrets. It's good to know that everyone has secrets and there is only one person who knew every secret about me. I've also been reading a lot more recently because I have a love for books and words and I've missed it. It's hard to find the time. But I've found some great books and reading really opens up your mind.
5. What I have learned from these things collectively: It's a secret. But lets just say I know myself better and know what I want in my life and what makes me happy and what I miss and need.

0 comments: